As per instructions of the U.G.C., Assam University, Silchar has introducedsemester system for the Three year Degree Course in colleges from the academic session 2010-2011. Details of the University guidelines have been given as below :
1. PASS COURSE OF 1200 MARKS AND HONOURS COURSE OF 1800 (900 in HONS + 900 in PASS) MARKS IN SIX SEMESTER i.e., IN Three YEARS.
2. (i) General group of three subjects are compulsory for all students of Science, Arts,Commerce and Computer Applications, which are,
a) General English (first and second semester).
b) Modern Indian Language or Alternative English or Communicative English for Commerce(third & fourth semester).
c) Foundation Course of Environmental syudies (fifth & sixth semester).
(ii) Three elective subjects be chosen as permissible in the college
3. (i) Each theory course paper is of
a) 50 marks for Non practical subjects.
b) 35 marks (practical subjects).
(ii) Each practical paper is of
a) 30 marks for pass.
b) 90 marks in each Honours paper.
4. Theory Examination: 2 Hours duration, two Shifts per day.Practical Examination: 3-4 hours per day for pass papers and 4-6 hours per day for Honours papers.
5. Admission in college for
a) 1st semester should be within 7thJuly.
b) For other semesters (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th) provisional admission must be taken within 7 (seven) days of the result of the previous semester is announced.Special permission for any cause of delay for admission shall not be entertained.
6. Classes must be started within
a) 1st week of July for 1st, 3rd& 5th Semesters.
b) 1st week of December for 2nd, 4th& 6th semesters.
7. Examination schedule
Odd semester Examination : 7th November to 30th November
Result to be published Even Semester Examination: 7th April to 30th April
Result to be published : within 30th June