As per instructions of the U.G.C., Assam University, Silchar has introducedsemester system for the Three year Degree Course in colleges from the academic session 2010-2011. Details of the University guidelines have been given as below:
- 1. PASS COURSE OF 1200 MARKS AND HONOURS COURSE OF 1800 (900 in HONS + 900 in PASS) MARKS IN SIX SEMESTER i.e., IN Three YEARS.
- 2. (i) General group of three subjects are compulsory for all students of Science, Arts,Commerce and Computer Applications, which are,
- a) General English (first and second semester).
- b) Modern Indian Language or Alternative English or Communicative English for Commerce(third & fourth semester).
- c) Foundation Course of Environmental syudies (fifth & sixth semester).
- (ii) Three elective subjects be chosen as permissible in the college.
- 3. (i) Each theory course paper is of
- a) 50 marks for Non practical subjects.
- b) 35 marks (practical subjects)
- (ii) Each practical paper is of
- a) 30 marks for pass
- b) 90 marks in each Honours paper.
- 4. Theory Examination: 2 Hours duration, two Shifts per day.Practical Examination: 3-4 hours per day for pass papers and 4-6 hours
per day for Honours papers.
- 5. Admission in college for:
- a) 1st semester should be within 7thJuly.
- b) For other semesters (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th) provisional admission must be taken within 7 (seven) days of the result of the previous semester is announced. Special permission for any cause of delay for admission shall not be entertained.
- 6. Classes must be started within:
- a) 1st week of July for 1st, 3rd& 5th Semesters.
- b) 1st week of December for 2nd, 4th& 6th semesters.
- 7. Examination schedule:
Odd semester Examination:
7th November to 30th November,
Result to be published: within 31st January.
Even Semester Examination:
7th April to 30th April
Result to be published: within 30th June.